Getting dental implants, from a practitioner like Joe Bhat, is a big step. It is important for patients to understand the benefits of this innovative dental solution so that they can look forward to the results during their treatment.
A great practitioner, like Joe Bhat, will also discuss the challenges and risks involved in any dental treatment so their patient can make an informed decisions about their health. Here, we focus on the many advantages of getting dental implants.
- Only unhealthy teeth need to be replaced – some tooth replacement methods are only effective if all the teeth are replaced. This can sometimes lead to relatively healthy teeth being removed or filed down. Dental implants, with a practitioner like Joe Bhat, do not affect the surrounding teeth and so they can stay put. Dental implants also do not place any strain on the remaining teeth as they are supported by the jawbone;
- Stable and strong – dental implants can be used to apply the same or stronger bite pressure than normal teeth. This quality remains stable over time so they continue to be just as effective many years after fitting;
- Easy to use – once fitted, dental implants can be used just like normal teeth. This means that patients can easily speak clearly without any period of adaptation. They can also eat a wide range of foods without having to employ any special preparation techniques;
- High success rate – dental implant surgery has a very high success rate. As much as 90-95% in some practices. There are some factors that can affect the chances of successful installation, but these are discussed with patients in the early stages. There are lots of different solutions available now to help make dental implants available to as many people as possible;
- Natural looking – one of the great benefits of dental implants is that they look so similar to normal teeth. This means that, if a patient does not want to let everyone know that they have prosthetic teeth, they don’t have to. There is no risk of slippage as they are fixed in place. The dentist will ensure that they match the colour of any remaining teeth as closely as possible to ensure a completely natural look.